Media Say 'Vote With Head, Not Heart' In Calder Valley
As election fever grips the country and the polls begin to narrow, some national newspapers have recommended tactical voting in key marginal constituencies such as the Calder Valley, urging people to vote with their heads instead of their hearts on the 6th May.
With The Guardian having endorsed the Liberal Democrats with a caveat for voters in tight Labour/Conservative marginals, The Observer reiterated the message on Sunday with guidance on how voters might cast their ballots tactically to get the outcome they want, whether to ensure the candidate they wish to win does win, or to keep someone they don’t want to win from winning.
Traditionally supportive of the Labour Party, The Daily Mirror has today published a guide to tactical voting in the election which includes the Calder Valley constituency, and implores readers to vote in whichever way helps to avoid a Conservative majority.
In the Calder Valley, Labour won the preceding 2005 General Election with a majority over the Conservatives of only 1,367, the Liberal Democrats trailing far behind on less than half the number of winning votes. Many opinion polls and bookmakers such as William Hill, again have the Lib-Dem’s placed third for the 2010 General Election on the 6th May.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Local Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Another Exciting Stubbing Apple Day
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Unemployment Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Local Jeweller Leads The Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Ensure Future Of Picture House
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Todmorden List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.