The annual national Fairtrade Fortnight runs from Monday 28th February, and one of the highlights this year is the launch of Fairtrade Fairmined GOLD. Only 20 independent jewellers across the country are licensed to produce jewellery with this certified material, and Element Jewellery in Hebden Bridge is one of these.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet says it has listened to local people in arriving at its final budget proposals. Among Cabinet’s proposals agreed last night, which will be discussed by Full Council when it meets on February 28th, there will be:
Residents are being encouraged to make their homes warmer and cheaper to heat with help from the Council’s Home Energy Action Team. Following the temporary closure of the Government’s Warm Front scheme this winter the Council will help low income private households with heating emergencies.
More money is to be made available to help set up new businesses and social enterprises. Calderdale Council’s Cabinet have agreed to a recommendation from the Council’s Economic Task Force to make available a £180,000 package of funding from its Economic Fighting Fund.
There are 13,000 residential properties in Calderdale where there are no registered voters. Calderdale Council is sending letters to all of the properties concerned, inviting the occupants to register to vote in time for the Local Council Elections on May 5th 2011.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Local Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Another Exciting Stubbing Apple Day
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Unemployment Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Local Jeweller Leads The Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Ensure Future Of Picture House
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Todmorden List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.