Calderdale people are being asked to vote for their favourite parks or playing fields. It’s all part of the Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge, a campaign organised by Fields in Trust to mark Her Majesty the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012 and the London 2012 Olympics.
A great event for cider connoisseurs The Stubbing Wharf, Hebden Bridge is celebrating Apple Day on Saturday 22nd October 2011, commencing at noon. Guests of the Stubbing Wharf have been enjoying this annual celebration of the fruit that makes a wonderful drink for five years.
There are concerns in the Yorkshire & Humber job market with unemployment rising again across the UK, this time hitting 2.51 million. The troubling news indicates a worsening of the labour market with the number of unemployed people increasing by 80,000 – the largest increase since the three months to August 2009.
The annual national Fairtrade Fortnight runs from Monday 28th February, and one of the highlights this year is the launch of Fairtrade Fairmined GOLD. Only 20 independent jewellers across the country are licensed to produce jewellery with this certified material, and Element Jewellery in Hebden Bridge is one of these.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet says it has listened to local people in arriving at its final budget proposals. Among Cabinet’s proposals agreed last night, which will be discussed by Full Council when it meets on February 28th, there will be:
- Posted: 30 October 2011Vote For Your Local Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 29 October 2011Local Blogger Lisa Ansell Makes The Headlines
- Posted: 27 September 2011Another Exciting Stubbing Apple Day
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Unemployment Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Local Jeweller Leads The Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Todmorden List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.